Last year we really messed up—turns out 'first annual' is terrible grammar. The rest of our inaugural Men's College Basketball Tournament feature was pretty cool though, and I'm proud to announce it's back and better than ever.
Here are some highlights for this year that I'm particularly excited about:
- We'll be giving out lots of cool prizes as the tournament progresses. For starters, first place overall will receive a prize valued at $25,000. ... There are many other prizes along the way - check out the details here.
- Constantly updating content from the good folks at the Associated Press and STATS LLC. This means there'll be articles, live game stats, and photos, all on Facebook.
- News Feed stories! Make sure to post on your friend's bracket when his or her championship team takes a dive in round 1. Trust me, News Feed makes smack talk that much more fun.
- Facebook mobile integration. Live updates via SMS (text messages for you lay folks) about the teams and games you care about.
- You can invite your friends who aren't on Facebook to participate really easily. (They'll have to register to join the pools and enter a bracket, but really, who _isn't_ on Facebook these days?)
- Statistically speaking, I'll probably score more than 15% of the possible points this year.
Have fun everyone.
Bob is tech lead for the Tournament Team and will be smack talking like you wouldn't believe for the entire month of March.